Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Xubuntu Dapper Drake 6.0.6.1 VMware Virtual Appliance version 1.0.2

Discuss this Xubuntu VM, Get Help, and Share Ideas on the Discussion Forums.

Hey there, while working on the next release of PBA, I took a break and did something else. I just released a new version of the Xubuntu Dapper Drake VM. Packages are updated, the kernel has been updated to the latest 686 kernel (previously it was a 386 kernel), VMware tools are updated, and the size has been slightly reduced. I may create an Edgy Eft 6.10 version at some point if I sense that people would be interested in it.

Here's all the relevant details and a torrent link for download.

Current Version: 1.0.2

Release Date: 12/6/06
















OS: Xubuntu 6.06.1 LTS
Size: 458MB
VMware Tools: Installed
login: vmware
password: vmware

Download: torrent

Description:
Xubuntu is a complete GNU/Linux based system with an Ubuntu base. It's lighter, and more efficient than Ubuntu with GNOME or KDE, since it uses the Xfce Desktop environment, which makes it ideal for old or low-end machines, as well as thin-client networks.

9 comments:

from JJ Nathan, MBA said...

could you please build a xubuntu edgy version? i used your previous xubuntu and did a package upgrade to edgy, but it's not clean. keep up the great work!

rxhui said...

Sure, I'll work on that when I take a break from working on my Personal Backup Appliance. I'm glad you like the Xubuntu VM.

Unknown said...

may i ask? whats the admin password, i didn't find it. thanks

rxhui said...

To become root in Ubuntu & derivatives, you use the sudo command, and enter in the password for the user that's logged in when prompted. This is by Ubuntu design. The default password for the vmware user is vmware.

For example,

sudo shutdown

or

sudo su

abetsanl said...

Hi!!, The xubuntu ditro its great but i can´t connect using VNC. Can you help me?
Thanks a lot!!!

maphew said...

anyone have an http or ftp download source for this? thanks :)

Unknown said...

Hi, a have a question too about http connection to xubuntu vm. When i insert the "http://plusIPaddress" string, the browser prompt for autentication. Does anyone knows them ? I tried vmware vmware but it didn't work.

Raven Lee said...

Just came across your site. Keep up the great work and I agree, Xubuntu Edgy or an Ubuntu Lite image would be great.

Andrew said...

Hi~ can I modify the disk partition table inside appliance?

I'd like to create a new partition for LFS.