Here's a list of changes:
- ntfsclone is used for NTFS partitions.
- partimage is used for partimage supported partitions except for NTFS
- Device Image is used for partitions not supported by ntfsclone or partimage
- added lzop compression for ntfsclone backups. faster than gzip.
- removed a bunch of unnecessary packages to reduce VM size
- PBA Client CD (pba-client-1.0.1.iso) is now based on INSERT Linux.
- removed 'dsl-2-4' backup that was included in the 1.0.0 release
- if more that one hard disk is found, user will be asked to choose one.
- miscellaneous bug fixes
OS: Ubuntu 5.10
VMware Tools Installed: Yes
The Personal Backup Appliance is a VMware virtual appliance that provides -TWO- crucial backup functions: (1) Hard Disk Backup, Clone & Restore (2) Simple NAS services.